Wine expert Mark Oldman interviews Alex Lifeson

Posted on Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 5:07PM

#21 - Posted 12/11/12 @9:45AM by kevin [contact]

I just can't see Rush getting in, the Voters are the so-called Music Industry intelligentsia that has always dismissed the band in the first place. If you look at the actual voters its hard to see how they get enough votes.
#20 - Posted 12/11/12 @1:56AM by michinman [contact]

sitting bull... I appreciate the update but to be honest, I'm gonna be so glad when this HOF crap is over. The very fact that I'm even addressing it goes to show that it's gotten under the skin of even the most uncaring fan. But when they're finally inducted and the folks at the HOF can wallow in self-congratulation, we can get back to what's important, and that's the new material and/or the new tour. The HOF can lick my b****.
#19 - Posted 12/10/12 @9:39PM by sitting bull [contact]

It just leaked that Donna Summer is in HOF. I'm almost rooting for a snub so I can continue to dismiss this joke entity. I followed the link to the idiot critic in MN who didn't vote for Rush. I'm sure some voting members are insulted by the fan's wille counting as even one vote. But it takes a special kind of arrogance to vote for four acts (Newmann, PE, NWA, Kraftwerk) that received less than 5% each in the fan balloting.
#18 - Posted 12/10/12 @9:36PM by rcrothert [contact]

Unrelated note Donna Halper has a nice article on How to be a skeptical news consumer.
In the latest issue of skeptic magazine.
#17 - Posted 12/10/12 @5:55PM by RUSHHEADDAVID [contact]

Off topic... Just got off the phone with a VIP Nation member. I said my package has failed to arrive as of yet. He ask what show and date. Said Rush, and November 23rd. He said that their supplier had trouble with the merchandise, and they are just now sending out the October dates. So to expect the November dates within a few week or so, and to call back each week to check-in. I said to him, "the people you work for handled this so badly, and I know it's not your fault". I'll have to re-think the VIP deal on the next go around.

RUSH ON!!!
#16 - Posted 12/10/12 @1:19PM by nlb [contact]

Two things i dream of having one day.

1 Neil's Drumset

2 Geddy or Alex's wine cellar
#15 - Posted 12/10/12 @12:55PM by Liverpool 78

#13 - Liverpool 78 was when and where I first saw Rush live.

Liver.
#14 - Posted 12/10/12 @11:53AM by jaeger [contact]

All hail the Prince of Wales!
#13 - Posted 12/10/12 @11:50AM by simon r

No 10 -is it Liverpool 78 because of the European cup win by Kenny or are you that young? I was at the final then and Rome 77-good times. You will enjoy the tour in May-I saw 4 shows in the states-superb.
Seems us brits are hogging these pages now.
For those about to drink we salute them.
#12 - Posted 12/10/12 @11:43AM by jaeger [contact]

What about his bud collection?
#11 - Posted 12/10/12 @10:17AM by limelighter [contact]

love the picture of alex on the wall. permanent waves/ moving pictures era possibly. not that alex has an ego, of course.
#10 - Posted 12/10/12 @8:13AM by Liverpool 78

#9 - Thanks for that. Really looking forward to May next year. We were in New York and Toronto in October but logistically couldn't do any of the gigs. What a downer.

I too was at the Manchester 2004 gig, a great gig and the bootleg I have of it is one of my best.

Enjoy your show tonight.

Cheers.

Liver.
#9 - Posted 12/10/12 @4:49AM by oldprogrockfan [contact]

To Liverpool 78.

When you leave your cave in Liverpool on May 22nd next year and head out to Manchester you will just love the Strings it adds so much to the show, the 3 East coast gigs I attended in October just blew my socks off! With the show in Brooklyn one of my best shows in 34 years of attending Rush concerts around the world (the Manchester Gig from 2004 is still in my top 5).
This Morning my Boot DVD from the Brooklyn and Newark shows arrived in my letterbox from the U.S.A.
I will be watching most of it tonight when the wife is watching Coronation Street and Eastenders!

Old prog rock fan
London England.
#8 - Posted 12/9/12 @7:31PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

Alex loves wine...
Not "ta wine"...
#7 - Posted 12/9/12 @6:33PM by Liverpool 78

Oh, and Alex likes wine, just like me :-)

Liver.
#6 - Posted 12/9/12 @5:53PM by Liverpool 78

Yep, I can't wait for them to bring their 'live' sound to the UK!! I think the strings sound fantastic and really add to the overall experience. Couple that with all the other sampled sounds and add their exemplarly music skills on top and it all makes for a fantastic show, but let us not be under any illusions...

Liver.
#5 - Posted 12/9/12 @5:35PM by Denny Crane [contact]

The wine cellar is very cool. Alex loves his wine, so does Geddy. Geddy loves his baseball, and Neil loves his travel and motorcycling. These guys rock. Liver, I love the live sound of late, they seem to have hit a high point. Can't wait for them to bring it back to North America in 2013. Hopefully they will play either Pittsburgh or Cleveland again, they are both equal distance from my house.
#4 - Posted 12/9/12 @5:30PM by Liverpool 78

Oh come on! whaddaya think?!

Liver.
#3 - Posted 12/9/12 @5:16PM by Liverpool 78

Yeah but what about Rush's 'Live' sound?

Oh. 3rd