Rush confirm plans for 2013 North American Clockwork Angels tour

Posted on Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 7:15AM

Page 1 of 4 - 1 2 3 4
#77 - Posted 1/3/13 @9:52AM by Losingit2k

Greqat now give us some dates already. I need to plan my vacation around it! LOL
#76 - Posted 12/10/12 @11:27PM by ythesun [contact]

Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue... Maybe they'll sing that.
#75 - Posted 12/10/12 @11:33AM by simon r

I think they will do broadly the places on the 2011 tour with a few tweaks and I expect LA/Vegas will be again scheduled. I liked the A/B set list and hope they do similar next year. Other bands do this and it was refreshing RUSH did the same for once. Either way it will be worth seeing them again as this excellent band wont be around forever.
#74 - Posted 12/10/12 @12:05AM by PwrWndws

Please !!!! come back to Philadelphia. We need to hear SCOG, Limelight, and other songs we missed out on the 1st go round. God bless you 3 genius's !!! You guys rock beyond belief !!!!!!!
#73 - Posted 12/8/12 @1:45AM by What-A-Rush

As I write this, I have to say I'm very surprised that 'Middletown Dreams' leads the pack of songs to be DROPPED from the setlist for 2013! I think it's a very welcome return to the set, and should most certainly stay in for the next leg. That said, I'm in complete agreement that 'Dreamline' NEEDS TO GO! Without a doubt one of the WORST of Rush's "more known" songs EVER! Again, I have no problem with the 2012 setlist at all. I like the fact that they decided to mix up some of the songs, a first for them as far as the amount of songs they switched up. For the PHX. show I couldn't have been HAPPIER with the set featuring all the 'Power Windows' gems, I'm still shocked that they played them! Anyway, I'll openly admit that I love it when we debate which Rush is "the best Rush"! It makes the fan base more lively, and more importantly, more genuine and honest! Frankly, I hope the discussion continues for many more years to come! Great thread, thanks RIAB!
#72 - Posted 12/7/12 @9:22PM by ythesun [contact]

For example, I can't believe the poll that indicates Red Sector A is in third place for all the non-Clockwork angels songs requested to be dropped from the next tour's setlist. Red Fucking Sector A? Are you kidding me? Skeletons they shuffle away. But that's just my opinion. So get off yours, because it's worthless. Sit back, enjoy the show, let them be. It's a treasure we've enjoyed for ages. They keep giving and giving. Why ask for more?
#71 - Posted 12/7/12 @9:18PM by ythesun [contact]

Agree with #67. Art is delivered, never requested. In all your science of the mind seeking blind through flesh and bone. Find the blood inside this stone.
#70 - Posted 12/7/12 @9:15PM by ythesun [contact]

Attention all planets of the solar federation. The Grammys are a joke.
#69 - Posted 12/7/12 @6:09PM by The_king_will_Neil [contact]

If they play at (or close to) any of the same locations as this year, I hope they can arrange to play the other set list. Especially places that aren't close to other locations. (Or they could just put all the songs into one list and play it everywhere. It couldn't be too much more than 4 hours, right? Two intermissions? Two different string sections working in shifts? :-)
#68 - Posted 12/7/12 @10:22AM by Entre Nous [contact]

As anyone here that has experienced a couple of tours knows, the band may change up a few songs for the next leg, but don' t count on it. Time Machine part 2 saw no changes. They release the dvd and tour to support that and go places they didn't the first time out + any place on a normal travel itinerary. I for one will be back regardless. Best live show out there period. Just my observation. FWIW.
#67 - Posted 12/7/12 @9:29AM by ervnos [contact]

Here we go again, some people compulsively speculating about the set list and indulging the rest of us with their fantasy add ons. Yes, it's a free country and an open blog. I just hope this won't be the dominant topic here for the next 5 months, as it was before the CA tour started. It is really that important to share your dream set list with the rest of the world? If it is, go right ahead. That exercise just seems pointless and tiring to me.

I know which songs I'd love to hear, but I don't presume to fulfill some needs of other fans by sharing that information. That's just me. Peace.
#66 - Posted 12/7/12 @1:20AM by ctak2112 [contact]

Salt Lake City...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
#65 - Posted 12/7/12 @12:47AM by mjbaz1 [contact]

#45 That wouldn't work in my venue, as they check tickets if you try to walk down to any lower section.
#64 - Posted 12/6/12 @9:05PM by brytor33 [contact]

Add my voice to those fervently wishing for "Losing It". "Countdown" would be epic as well.
#63 - Posted 12/6/12 @8:15PM by holeinone53575

Outdoor venues I hope.
#62 - Posted 12/6/12 @8:06PM by CraigJ [contact]

I'm probably in the minority, but I only see them making minor tweaks to the set list. If any.
#61 - Posted 12/6/12 @8:05PM by smiley [contact]

Should our friends return toward the midsouth, I'll be there Angels Willing. The ebay idea was cool, bet everyone will be at those seats. Going to have to be in front though, the energy is so intense there. Cool reading these comments everyday.Rushing on now. Erol
#60 - Posted 12/6/12 @7:59PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

That band RUSH...
Those 3 Kings...
Those guys are the Best !
#59 - Posted 12/6/12 @7:59PM by holeinone53575

Surely Milwaukee will not be missed on the next leg. I have a friend in Memphis who always has to travel. So I hope they play there.
#58 - Posted 12/6/12 @7:16PM by Liverpool 78

It makes me smile that quite often a person can come to this blog and post a comment and then be completely ignored - Unless they write, 'Rush are shit'.

isn't this supposed to be a community?

Liver.